2017 Blarney Run Results
Book Club with Tosa Farmers Market: March 25 10:30am
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle
Little Red Store
Speaker Series: May 9, 6pm
Guided Tour: Former School of Agriculture and Domestic Economy (Eschweiler Building)
Spring Home and Garden Sale
June 2, 9am-4pm
Kneeland-Walker Coach House
The Wauwatosa Historical Society is proud to pay homage to the people, life, structures, and heritage of this community. Native Americans first lived in the wilderness that would become Wauwatosa. The United States government entered into treaties with the Menomonee and Potawatomi Native Americans in the 1830s.
Wauwatosa was the first settlement in Milwaukee County of that decade, apart from the settlement that became the City of Milwaukee. Wauwatosa incorporated as a village in 1892, and was followed by designation as a
fourth-class city in 1897.
The Wauwatosa Historical Society carries out its mission of education and preservation through the two properties it operates:
1987, the Wauwatosa Historical Society purchased a stately
Victorian house, a coach house, and 1.5 acres of gardens and
grounds. The Kneeland-Walker House is now used for various educational programs, preservation work, archival storage, artifact displays, and community events. This treasure stands as one of Wauwatosa's greatest community
||The Little Red Store is part of Wauwatosa's earliest history as the oldest remaining post office in Milwaukee County. This building has also served throughout the years as a railroad station, general store, library, a place for political groups, harness shop, grocery, and plumbing shop. Currently owned by the City of Wauwatosa, the Little Red Store is operated by the Wauwatosa Historical Society.
Support WHS and make your Wauwatosa strolls more interesting with a boxed set of colorful cards!
The set, created by Some Monkey Business, LLC, includes 10 self-guided walking tours of Wauwatosa.
Besides the mapped tours, the collection includes eight other cards highlighting the architecture and history of Wauwatosa.
Profits from sales of the cards purchased from WHS benefit the historical society.
Now available for $20 at the Kneeland-Walker House during regular hours:
Mon.-Thurs., 9am to 3pm.
You may also order via phone or email, or pay with Paypal.